Sunday, August 28, 2011

What's New and, What's New?

Hi Everyone!
I finally finished that changing pad for my adorable grandson after changing the pinwheel border colors three times, and after changing his diaper this morning I was going to take a picture of it but during that changing session he pooped on it so it is now in the laundry. lol

I bet if someone had asked me to use the word "changing" four times in a sentence I couldn't do it!

I'm now working on window curtains for my living room. Bought new furniture a few months ago and of course, the old curtains don't quite match. I found some great fab on sale for 60% off so for a little under $100 I got enough material for 3 30"x60" windows and tiebacks, assuming I cut correctly the first time. I'll post when I get one set done, which only need the top and bottom hems and tiebacks, but that will probably be about 2 weeks with everything else there is to do. For tiebacks I'm thinking of braiding three tubes of the same fabric, instead of just a sash. Looks great in my mind so we'll find out.

I hope you are all able to sew today. Irene has been messing with us but now she has stopped crying and started bellowing so I'll plug in my Janome and hope she doesn't get too scared to sew.

Hey, what have you all been working on?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Please post a pic of your curtains when you're finished. I love to see what people are making!

I'm working on Kitty Kalendar by Val's Stuff, all on one piece of fabric, and then I started Charmed Gobble by Heinzit today.

Cathy